Necarney City; Manzanita Milestones, Oswald West dedication.

003.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Necarney City; Manzanita Milestones, Oswald West dedication.

Subject

Newspaper

Description

The figurehead from the Mimi used to be at the Healey Tent City, on Neahkahnie Beach.

The old town of Necarney City sold approx. 650 of th 720 lots laid out in 1953. They finally got a road into it and the boom started after some 45 years after the lots were laid out.

In March of 1961 the proposal to install a TV Translator on the side of Neahkahnie was discussed at the Community Hall. In April 1962, TV translator work had started.

Governor Oswald West, having preserved our Oregon's 400 miles of beaches for public use; was honored and a bronze table honoring him was dedicated on the Overlook on Neahkahnie Mountain. They were unable to attend the ceremony, but sent two daughters, Mrs. Helen west Stone and Mrs. Frank J. McHugh, Jr. and three grand daughters.on May 22, 1958.

Date

4/30/1953; 3/16/1961; 5/22/1958

Rights

Alice Kavanaugh

Format

6 1/2 x 14"

Identifier

Omeka:800
NVHS Accession:2011.233.1
Physical Location: Alice Kavanaugh scrapbook

Citation

“Necarney City; Manzanita Milestones, Oswald West dedication.,” Nehalem Valley Historical Society Online Archive, accessed December 8, 2021, https://nehalemvalleyhistory.org/omeka/items/show/800.

Output Formats