Chapel on the Hill

007.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Chapel on the Hill

Subject

Magazine

Description

Article is about the Gray Memorial Chapel being the oldest continuing Presbyterian church west of the Rocky Mountains. Established with ten charter members on September 19, 1846, in the home of William Henry Gray. William Gray contracted to build the church, a 24 by 30 foot wooden structure on the ridge overlooking the plains for $1500 in 1850. In 1873, the structure blew down. A replica of this stands in the Fellowship Room of the present church, made out of the four posts on which the original church rested. The present church was built in 1929.

Creator

M. Colleen Watson

Source

Oregon Coast

Date

March/ April/1992

Contributor

anonymous

Format

8 x11" Magazine

Identifier

Omeka:288
NVHS Accession:2011.35.10
Physical Location: Box B, Folder 4

Tags

Citation

M. Colleen Watson, “Chapel on the Hill,” Nehalem Valley Historical Society Online Archive, accessed January 21, 2022, https://nehalemvalleyhistory.org/omeka/items/show/288.

Output Formats